Sunday, August 16, 2009

Barbershop


The place I get my haircut probably won't win any international styling awards in the near future, or be featured in an upcoming issue of Interior Design magazine. It's no nonsense, unglamorous, and simple.

First off, the place doesn't even have a name. It's called "Barbershop". I doubt the interior has changed much in the last 20 or so years. An empty vending machine occupies the back corner. The oldies channel is on. Posters of Frank Sinatra and 1980s hair cut models are displayed along the walls.

So what's the draw? Definitely the consistently good haircuts, but the big reason is the hot lather and straight razor touch ups on the sideburns and neck. It's not easy finding a place in this day and age willing to do this, and it makes all the difference.

Someday I may decide to go beyond the simple style of short and tapered, and when I do I know I'll have to say good-bye to them once again. But in the meantime, I look forward to my once every three weeks visit.

You can find them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment