Sunday, August 9, 2009

Music On The Cheap

One of the most disturbing trends (well, maybe not disturbing) I've seen in recent years is how CHEAP real live, hold in your hands, Compact Discs ( AKA CDs) have become. Not all of them, mind you, but many of the ones actually worth a listen? Yes.

I speak of those out of the way, slightly strange releases that attempted to benefit from major label-like money and promotion. But failed. Spectacularly.

So I've decided to highlight a few of my personal favorites. Failures from the past few years when the cost to make and distribute music increasingly lowered, but the lack of widespread interest meant prices for second-hand copies were far below the costs to produce the pieces of aluminum, plastic, and paper required to convey those musical messages.

How could I possibly measure the worthiness of these long-forgotten masterpieces? I'll use Amazon's secondhand marketplace as the tool.

Sad to say, I buy a majority (close to all) of my music from Amazon. They're reliable, cheap, and the go-to folks when Dusty Groove don't carry it. Besides, illegal downloads are ILLEGAL. Right? I've never strayed. No, seriously.

Anyways...

Stayed tuned for some recommendations available via Amazon for a buck or less (minus the $2.95 shipping charge). They'll blow your mind. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment